The Bonelli Family 3 generations of hoteliers
The hotel Le Grand Chalet, was built in 1896 under the name "Pension Sylvana" with the remains of materials from constructions of the Grand Hotel located 500m.
In the 1900s, Joséphine & Alfred Neveu became owners of the hotel La Tour d'Aï, below the village, as well as the Pension Sylvana, at Le Feydey.
Alfred Neveu becomes Olympic Bob 4-man Champion during the first games in 1924 in Chamonix. The current restaurant "La Ferme à Fredy" takes its name in homage to the first generation.
In 1972, Claudine Bonelli the daughter of Joséphine & Alfred Neveu takes over the Sylvana boarding house with her husband Livio Bonelli. From then on Claudine & Livio proceeded to numerous renovations in order to go from pension to a 2 star hotel. (Construction of a restaurant, creation of bath/shower in all rooms, improvement of furniture, modification a large lounge/bar and reception.)
In 1992 the 2-star Sylvana hotel became the Le Grand Chalet 3 hotel. stars with a two-wing construction and a chalet roof on the old roof of the Sylvana. The hotel goes from 15 to 30 rooms completely renovated in just 4 months of construction.
In 2002, Jacky Bonelli son of Claudine & Livio resumed this beautiful tradition with his wife Lysiane Bonelli in order to continue this beautiful family tradition. After a few years of renovations & improvements such as a fireplace lounge bar, an outdoor jacuzzi spa. Between 2011 & 2014, Lysiane & Jacky decide to renovate entirely the hotel, in an old wood style in order to give an authentic alpine charm to their customers.